Saltwater Fishing

Saltwater Fishing

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Lopez Lake

I came in 4th at the panfish derby. It was tough fishing in the morning, but after the derby was over, the bite picked up. I hooked and lost a big bass right under the dock, and this morning I stopped on my way back to Palm Springs and caught this guy. Most people don't realize that there are large bass right under their feet. I also caught several catfish and carp this weekend at Laguna Lake in San Luis Obispo. Many people also don't realize they can catch fish all day long in downtown SLO. I was using "peanut butter burritos" for bait, and ultralight gear. Good fun!

2 comments:

  1. Hi michael, from which spot in Laguna lake did you fish from? The bank by madonna or the platform by the parking lot? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Henry. If you're facing the lake from Madonna Road, it's the shoreline immediately to your right, by the jogging trail.

    ReplyDelete